Surface & Underground Excavations
Whether your project is civil or mining based, above ground or below, RS2 enables you to effectively analyze stress/deformation, stability, support design, and staged excavations with ease.
Groundwater Seepage Analysis
Factor in groundwater flow with RS2’s integrated seepage analysis tool for steady-state and transient conditions of dams, embankments, slopes, tunnels, and excavations.
Shear Strength Reduction
Automate your slope stability analysis with Shear Strength Reduction which performs a finite element analysis to identify the critical strength reduction factor.
Features in RS2
- View stress, displacement, strength factor contours
- Effective stress, pore pressure contours
- Contour user-defined data
- Stress/Failure trajectories, deformation vectors
- Display deformations to user-defined scale
- Query and graph material, support, joint data
- Export to Excel
- Show values directly on model
- Highlight yielded material, support, joint elements
- Add iso-contours
Elements & Meshing
- Triangular or quadrilateral finite elements
- 3 or 6–noded triangles
- 4 or 8–noded quadrilaterals
- One-click mesh generation
- Graded, uniform or radial meshing
- Mapped meshing
- Custom meshing
- Check/Define mesh quality
- Easily apply boundary conditions
- Constant stress field
- Gravity stress field
- Multiple stress fields (customize per material)
Finite Element Slope Stability
- Automated FE slope stability using shear strength reduction (SSR) method
- Define SSR include/exclude area
- Import/Export Slide2 models
- Accelerated SSR
- Finite element steady state or transient seepage analysis
- Staged groundwater
- Material permeability functions
- Discharge sections
- Piezometric lines
- Pore pressure grids
- Fully coupled consolidation
- Include pore pressure for effective stress analysis
- Uncoupled consolidation
- Staged groundwater methods
- Wick drains
- Unknown boundary condition (seepage face)
- Elastic or non-linear
- Mohr-Coulomb, Barton-Bandis, Hyperbolic, or material-dependent slip criterion
- Natural or artifi cial joints
- Pressurized joints
- Staged joint properties
- Statistical modeling of joint networks
- Constant or linear distributed loads
- Concentrated load
- Seismic load
- Ponded water load
- Staged loading
- Undrained and drained behaviour
- Elastic or non-linear
- Strength criteria—Mohr-Coulomb, Generalized Hoek-Brown, Cam-Clay, Modified Cam-Clay, Drucker-Prager, discrete function, anisotropic, Mohr-Coulomb with Cap, Softening/Hardening
- Advanced material models—Slide2 (Power Curve, Barton-Bandis, Vertical Stress Ratio, Hyperbolic, Shear Normal, Shansep, Generalized Anisotropic), FLAC (CY Soil, CH Soil), Plaxis (Hardening Soil, HS Small, Soft Soil, Soft Soil Creep), Dafalias- Manzari, Bounding Surface Plasticity, Mohr-Coulomb with Cap, BBM (Basic Barcelona), and NorSand
- Staged material properties
- Datum-dependent properties
- Isotropic, transversely isotropic, orthotropic elastic models
- Import from RocData
- Interactive geometry entry
- Intuitive workfl ow tabs
- Boundaries—external, material, excavation, stage, joint, piezo, structural interface
- Grid/Vertex/Object snapping
- Sequential staging of excavation and support (up to 300 stages)
- Plane strain or axisymmetric analysis
- One-click material assignment
- Import/Export in .dxf fi les
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Right-click editing shortcuts
- Tunnel Wizard
- Property Viewer
- Visibility Tree
- Monte Carlo, Latin Hypercube, Point Estimate methods
- Random variables—materials, joint properties, field stress
- Contour/Error plots of statistical output
- Staged support installation
- Bolt types – end anchored, fully bonded, cable bolts, Swellex, splitset, tiebacks
- Liner types—beam, reinforced concrete, geotextile, cable truss
- Composite liners
- Reinforcement database
- Timoshenko or Bernoulli beam models
- Staged liner properties
- Elastic or non-linear
- Peak/Residual strength
- Interactive support capacity plots (thrust/moment, thrust/shear) for reinforced concrete liners (includes CSA, ACI, EC2 codes)
RS2 across Applications
Embankments can be analyzed using slope stability, groundwater seepage, consolidation, or dynamic analysis.
RS2 includes groundwater and dynamic analysis tools in addition to a vast library of advanced constitutive models to capture the sudden loss of strength due to liquefaction.
Developed for both open-pit and underground excavations, analyze stability, stress/deformation, bench design and support design of underground caverns and opening.
Design and analyze tunnel excavations and support systems using multi-stage analysis, 3D simulation of support installation and tunnel profile wizard.
Analyze bearing capacity, settlement, and overall stress/deformation behaviour of shallow & deep foundations with features including multi-stage analysis, simulation of support installation and extensive groundwater analysis capabilities.
Explore the latest features in RS2
Run thermal analysis on all types of geostructures to identify fluctuations in their behaviours due to temperature changes. Determine thermal design for geostructures using insulation to prevent soil freezing or thermosyphon to stop soil thawing. Account for air temperature, wind speed, snow depth, solar radiation, earth emissions, and evaporation rate with the climate input function.
Open and organize the RS2 files which need computing. The Current Progress tab will track simulation progress and display general data for the current file. Key data for your solid, thermal and groundwater analysis will be plotted. The data development of a query point can be presented graphically with history graphs.
Using the History Query, interpolate historical data while computing analysis results. Specify the key locations for displacement, pore pressure and temperature change throughout a simulation.
Other Rocscience Product
APC UPS APC Back-UPS 750VA, 230V, AVR, 2 universal & 1 IEC outlets BX750MI-MS Product APC Back-UPS 750VA, 230V, AVR, 2 universal & 1 IEC outlets BX750MI-MSDocuments Product Datasheet User guide Spesifikasi APC Back-UPS 750VA, 230V, AVR, 2 universal...
APC UPS APC Back-UPS 1200VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal & 1 IEC outlets BX1200MI-MS Product APC Back-UPS 1200VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal & 1 IEC outlets BX1200MI-MSDocuments Product Datasheet User guide Spesifikasi APC Back-UPS 1200VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal...
APC UPS APC Back-UPS, 625VA, Floor, 230V, 3 Universal outlets, AVR BX625CI-MSProduct APC Back-UPS, 625VA, Floor, 230V, 3 Universal outlets, AVR BX625CI-MSDocuments Product Datasheet User guide Spesifikasi APC Back-UPS, 625VA, Floor, 230V, 3 Universal outlets, AVR...
APC UPS APC Back-UPS 1600VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal outlets BX1600MI-MSProduct APC Back-UPS BX1600MI-MS 1600VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal outletsDocuments Product Datasheet User guide Spesifikasi APC Back-UPS BX1600MI-MS 1600VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal outlets Main Max....
APC UPS APC Back-UPS 2200VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal outlets BX2200MI-MSProduct APC Back-UPS BX2200MI-MS 2200VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal outletsDocuments Product Datasheet User guide Spesifikasi APC Back-UPS BX2200MI-MS 2200VA, 230V, AVR, 4 universal outlets Main Main...
APC UPS APC Back-UPS BK650-AS, 650VA, Tower, 230V BK650-ASProduct APC Back-UPS BK650-AS, 650VA, Tower, 230V This product is part of the Back-UPS range. The BK650-AS features a total of 4 power outlets, one of which is surge only. Its runtime at 100W is 35 minutes. It...